- Batch Download: Retrieves to your local disk a large number of
- Gene Attribute Download: Retrieves to your local disk selected gene attributes for
either a user-generated list of genes or all genes from a specific
organism and/or role category.
- Pathema FTP Downloads: Visit the Pathema FTP site on BRC Central for genome
- Celera Assembler: Celera Assembler is scientific software for DNA research. It can reconstruct long sequences of genomic DNA from the fragmentary data produced by whole-genome shotgun sequencing. The Celera Assembler is mature, efficient, open-source software written mostly in C for unix operating systems.
- Manatee: Manatee is a web-based gene evaluation and genome annotation tool that can view, modify, and store annotation for prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes.
- MUMmer: MUMmer is a system for rapidly aligning entire genomes, whether in complete or draft form.
- ClustalW: ClustalW2 is a general purpose multiple sequence alignment program for DNA or proteins.
- Glimmer: Glimmer is a system for finding genes in microbial DNA, especially the genomes of bacteria, archaea, and viruses.
- Ergatis: Ergatis is a web-based utility that is used to create, run, and monitor reusable computational analysis pipelines. It contains pre-built components for common bioinformatics analysis tasks.
- Sybil: Sybil is a web-based software package for comparative genomics. It was developed by the Bioinformatics department at The Institute for Genomic Research (TIGR) and development continues at the J. Craig Venter Institute and Institute for Genome Sciences (IGS) at the University of Maryland Baltimore's School of Medicine.